Date: March 6, 2016 (Sunday)
Time: 12:00 – 3:00 pm
Place: Hale Halawai & Friendship Circle
About the food festival:
- Participants will prepare traditional foods to represent foodways of participating country and culture.
- Prepare main dish/dessert/drink or any of these combinations as you can!
How to represent awesome authentic food from your culture:
- One team will register from each country. Team leaders from each representing country can sign up @ http://goo.gl/forms/ZwqKUBu2N7
- Each country will have a booth where they will serve food.
- You may make the display prominent by:
- Displaying the name of prepared food/drinks along side.
- Bringing flag and country name badges in your booth.
- EWCPA Board members will represent a ‘fusion food’ team!
- Reimbursement will be made for food ingredients in following order:
- Main dish: Up to $100
- Dessert: Up to $50
- Drinks: Up to $25
- Note: Even if any team prepares food for multiple categories, maximum $100 will be reimbursed.
- No reimbursement for tray/utensils etc.
- The receipts should show only items purchased for the food festival. Please do not mix personal purchases in the same receipt.
- The receipt must show the name of the store and items.
- Reimbursements will be made within 1 week from the event day.
- Teams have to submit the receipts to Habib (email@example.com) on the event day.
- From representing countries: Volunteer hours will be counted towards EWC community service hours for food preparation and on-event serving. Team leads should download and fill out the participants details form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For event setup and cleanup: Please signup @ https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ajeJjigWyA_8i6N6F1J7y3P88snOvcoYjt8QEQFkKYw/edit?usp=sharing
- The event is open for all EWC community members, staffs and their families.
- Please bring your own plate/cups to enjoy food from different booths!
- There will be Ping Pong, Tug of war and Hula Hoop during the event for participants (to help you digest fast!) in Hale Halawai and Friendship circle.